Saturday, January 30, 2016

Review: Borrowed Crime by Laurie Cass A Bookmobile Cat Mystery Book 3




Borrowed crime is the 3rd installment of A Bookmobile Cat Mystery series. (For some reason, I thought it was the 2nd... so I'll be going back to read that before I hit number 4!) 
Minnie and her cat Eddie are back and their troubles are back with them.  Minnie has lost funding for the bookmobile when the grant they'd received fell through, and her boss Stephen is on her back about it. Not only that, but one of the volunteers dies while on the bookmobile route! Now, the volunteer's brother is suing the library and blaming them for his death.  It looks like the bookmobile will be parked on the sidelines, and there's even talk of how Minnie's resignation would help with the lawsuit.  Was the death a hunting accident, or was it murder?  Eddie finds an important clue that points toward murder... if anyone can find out the truth, it's Minnie!

Who can resist a series about a librarian, bookmobile, and a crime solving kitty cat? I know I can't!  Some nice twists in this story introducing new characters and possibly a new romance? (Maybe this is wishful thinking but one can hope!) I love the characters in this series, many are fun and quirky and you never know what'll happen next.  If you haven't read this series before, I definitely recommend it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment