Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Review: A Scone To Die For (An Oxford Tearoom Mystery) by H.Y. Hanna


Publish Date: January 22, 2016

I absolutely loved this book! 

This is one of, if not THE, best cozy mysteries I have read. The descriptions of places and people are fantastic. As I read the story I could picture being there, sitting in the tearoom, or in the University.  The characters are developed really well. The relationships are explored and explained... characters aren't popping in for the sake of needing a character. (I love the descriptions of the exasperation that Gemma has with her mom and always forgetting her ipad password, it's bang on!) 
The mystery is well played out, and kept my mind going the entire time. It wasn't obvious until it was revealed (to me anyway) and I like that in a book.  And that little kitty, Muesli.... awww  I didn't want to put this book down!

I can't wait to read the next book in this series! 
I was given an ARC from NetGalley in exchange for a fair and honest review.. and I'm so glad I was! 

No comments:

Post a Comment